Automation / Robotics Technician - Overnight
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R4790
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Focus on Quality and integrity of all equipment supporting the production of pipette tips including packaging.
- Troubleshoot and optimize automation processes to improve quality, productivity processes and document / record all issues
- Thoroughly troubleshoot equipment e.g. PLC, sensor, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulic or electrical to the component level.
- Troubleshoot and perform repair work in a professional manner incl. documentation
- Have a Professional work ethic which follow the principle: "do it right the first time", professional way of working.
- Daily preventive maintenance on equipment and use of tools such as; (e.g. cmms system, infrared camera, etc.)
- Communicate and document results to the shift supervisor and technical manager of all problems.
- Coordinate job tasks with peers, assist in making personnel decisions regarding workload to prioritize and optimize output.
- Bring up points which need to be optimized with the goal to improve company results Participate in continuous improvement initiatives regarding production or technical issues to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Assist with the training and development of co-workers.
- Uses Hydra monitor system to track production accurately and to help identify problems.
- Interacts within the department and with outside departments, especially Quality Assurance, Automation and Mold room personnel.
- Support SAT (sight acceptance test) and or FAT (factory acceptance test) when needed.
- Be proactive and take corrective action when and where necessary to achieve results and improve quality.
- Have the ability to assist outside service technicians repairing and resolving complex equipment problems.
- **Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption**
- Certificate in Electro-mechanical or higher with three to five years' hands-on experience as an automation technician working with sophisticated state-of-the-art automation equipment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: