- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3173
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Responsible for machining an extensive variety of complex products from aluminum, steel and stainless steel using CNC operated lathes and milling machines
- Has knowledge of working all inspection tools: Vernier’s, Gauge Blocks, Dial Indicators, comparators, surface finish gage, sine bar etc. Uses micrometers, air gauges, Jo blocks, height gauges, test indicators, calipers etc. proficiently.
- Must set up and operate all machine tools used for manufacturing complex parts in a manual and CNC machining environment including but not limited to lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill press and properly change drills, tool bits, inserts etc.
- Must be able to edit programs for Mill/Turn CNC machines.
- Capable of doing layouts to fabricate complex parts and working to tolerance .0002 inch close accuracy.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints and engineering sketches to fabricate the particular component or part and can recommend process and methods for tooling and machining to improve work quality and productivity.
- Must produce fixtures, jigs and tooling and work from engineering sketches showing only and achieve correct end result required.
- Capable of performing extensive trouble-shooting and preventive maintenance on machinery
- Make tool related adjustments as required.
- Must meet quality standards of all machined parts; make sure all specifications are correct.
- Capable of working efficiently and meeting standard routing times
- Familiar with basic raw materials, speeds and feeds of machine tools for efficient operation, threading procedures.
- Ability to pick up and adjust tool offsets and wear parameters
- Have full knowledge of tooling and work holding requirements for the end product.
- Have full knowledge of all required inspection equipment for the end product.
- Adheres to all safety requirements in accordance with OSHA standards and the organization’s policies
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Eppendorf’s Quality Management System required as well.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum of five years' experience and/or training in CNC machining experience okay
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: