Commercial Product Manager
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Framingham, MA / Boston, MA / Cambridge, MA / Hartford, CT
- Job-ID: R2419
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Product Management & Strategy
- Manages the Bioprocessing & Cell Growth Portfolio (Shakers and Incubators) and related Services within the North American Commercial Unit of Eppendorf
- Leads the regional commercial strategy, provides business analysis and drives sales enablement for the assigned product lines including responsibility for revenue and market share objectives
- Reports to the Director Commercial Product Management and is based out of Framingham (Boston area), MA, with the possibility of working remotely
- Works in collaboration with Business Units, Marketing, and Business Intelligence to develop unique value propositions for products and applications based on deep customer and competitor insight. Create differentiation in the marketplace for Eppendorf products.
- Primary point of contact within the Market Region for Product Life Cycle Managers within the global Business Unit
- Analyzes regularly regional performance data for products and associated markets and provides forecasting and insights regarding sales and market trends to relevant stakeholders like Sales, Marketing, and Product Life Cycle Management
- Drives innovative solutions to customer needs and strategies to capitalize on emerging market opportunities.
- Provides insights and market leadership to the global Business Units in the development of innovative products and portfolio strategies. Assists in the development of go-to-market strategies for New Products.
- Participate with the introduction of new products/services into the market region. Support the Business Units, Marketing, and Sales in this process and monitors and reports KPI’s
- Conducts competitive analysis to help position products
- Sales Enablement & Sales Support
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure that effective trainings, webinars, and sales enablement materials are being developed for the commercial team
- Deliver product-specific trainings to enable the sales team to effectively position Eppendorf products in the marketplace
- Works with Sales and Marketing to monitor effectiveness of sales enablement activities and work towards corrective action when needed
- Advise sales representatives on product configurations that align with customer needs and applications in cooperation with Technical Product Support Team and Service organization including support with complex quotes and selecting appropriate systems and services
- Advise sales team on appropriately configured demo product, selected samples, and marketing materials, including delivery to location
- Provide inventory analysis, recommendations based upon changing sales requirements. Work in collaboration with supply chain to ensure proper product inventory levels are maintained.
- Represent Eppendorf at regional industry trade shows and meetings as needed
- 35% travel requirement between Framingham/MA and Enfield/CT sites, to Headquarters in Germany as needed, as well as customer-facing within the region.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the field of sales, technical support, or product management in the Life Science industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management and product life-cycle knowledge and experience
- Advanced analytical skills to gain insight and drive decision-making
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language and comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization
- Experience with Enterprise Level software applications, CRM tools, and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Commercial understanding of life-sciences product portfolio and ability to provide complex sales support
- Independent and self-structured working ethic
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative company culture
- Direct impact on the business
- Work across multiple departments
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: