Direct / Indirect Warehouse & Distribution Center Operations
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3196
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Position requires complete working knowledge of the outbound distribution strategy as described throughout this Job Description.
- Ability to learn basic SAP WMS system as related to the job functions described in this Job Description.
- Full understanding of warehouse layout and bin sequence logic/strategy. Can efficiently navigate the warehouse and follow the designed picking strategy.
- Full understanding of the finished good barcode strategy. Select requested materials/quantities using RF scanner and material barcode to ensure customer order accuracy.
- Operates lift trucks, pallet jacks, or uses hand truck to load / unload trucks and move, convey, or hoist products, parts or shipments from warehouse, shipping and receiving areas to storage or work areas.
- Examines stock and outgoing shipments to ensure product/shipments meet specifications.
- Able to package product being shipped by using proper fill, cartons, skids.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons and compares addresses with records to verify accuracy.
- Verifies method of shipment and assigns proper routing methods through appropriate carrier companies.
- Ability to compute shipping fees and other charges and records information such as value, charges, and destination of insured and C.O.D. packages.
- Sorts parcels for shipment, according to destination or other classification, and places shipments in designated areas. Separates Dealer orders and prepare for weekly pick-up.
- Counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to Company standards (Physical Inventory).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have complete knowledge of all Company products stocked.
- Forklift Certification.
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: