Entry Level Onsite Technician
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job-ID: R6674
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- Responsible to perform calibration service as assigned at a Service Center to achieve group-based annual goals
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. Must be a highly effective communicator from managing expectations through follow-up in a positive, customer centric, error free and professional manner.
- Responsible to ensure service is completed accurately and all system needs are addressed in a timely manner with the proper detail to ensure invoicing and quality management system requirements.
- Maintains required ISO Compliance (including all necessary training certificates) under the direction of the Management team and all the company’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Promotes the sale of the company’s service products and company’s liquid handling promotion program as well as perform other relevant duties as directed by the dept supervisor to achieve department goals and responsibilities and or customer satisfaction.
- Responds, actively participates, completes any other assigned job related activities including, but not limited to training, meetings or other individual or group projects.
- Service components include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, clean, calibrate and repair liquid handling instrumentation through the attachment and/or installation of mechanical/electronic parts.
- Executes the determined service product- Follows any established customer protocols, tests instruments to ensure conformance to agreed specifications.
- Determines and completes necessary cleaning, replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Record calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates as required.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required.
- General familiarity with the different manufacturer pipettes, service products and workflows in order to support customer orders. Knowledgeable in the preventive maintenance, repair and calibration of all manufacturer pipettes and associated calibration processes. Shows the ability to recommend the optimal solution to customers for best possible customer satisfaction.
- **Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment**
- High School or GED equivalent required, Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. Have at least 1-2 years’ relevant technical or customer experience (i.e, sales or service); or equivalent military training with at least 1-2 years’ relevant technical or customer experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, schematics, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, also concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, and graphs).
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficiency in computer applications using Windows based software.
- CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver’s license required. Must maintain a good driving record.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: