Field Application Specialist
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 31-12-22
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job-ID: R5448
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Provide customer fulfillment services for implementation and use of scientific laboratory automation equipment and design, program, and optimize applications used in the life sciences laboratory research setting;
- Conduct product demonstrations, training, method development, application support and troubleshooting either remotely or through travel to the customer site on scientific laboratory automation equipment and applications;
- Coordinate with marketing and service teams on the generation and production of technical literature for scientific laboratory hardware and software products including collateral materials, application notes, training courses, manuals, white sheets, user guides and other scientific technical literature;
- Assist in conducting and analyzing scientific market research and dynamics in the life science and laboratory setting including customer needs, application usage and trends, product requirements and competition in the industry;
- Work cooperatively with the services group on technical troubleshooting, programming support and resolution of system service issues for scientific laboratory equipment and applications;
- Utilize market and biological life sciences scientific product knowledge to target new markets and application fields and provide internal education to best promote and sell equipment and services;
- Serve as technical speaker in the biological life sciences industry focusing on communicating company product and message regarding targeted applications, techniques and new products including at technical symposiums, trade shows and conferences and client sites;
- Deploy knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing Library preparation and analysis of sequencing results, PCR and qPCR assay optimization including primer design and cycling conditions, automated liquid handlers including generating new methods and optimization, and Bead based DNA and RNA purification.
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
- Master’s degree in Biology or related life science field and 2 years of laboratory experience (or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of progressive experience) working with each of the following: Next Generation Sequencing Library preparation and analysis of sequencing results; PCR and qPCR assay optimization including primer design and cycling conditions; Automated liquid handlers including generating new methods and optimization; and Bead based DNA and RNA purification.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative company culture
- Direct impact on the business
- Encourage and support continuous development and training
- Ability to work across departments, domestically and globally
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: