Instrument Sales Specialist
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Job-ID: R5329
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Represents Eppendorf North America, Inc. to promote the sale of the company’s Automation products within assigned territory to meet budgeted sales goals, covering the territory in its entirety. Introduces products, conducts demonstrations, technical seminars, troubleshooting, and attends local and national trade exhibits. Works cooperatively with the Eppendorf NA representatives in their zone, to ensure the success of the Automation product group.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on established and prospective customer contacts to create demand for Eppendorf North America Automation products and/or solicit orders. This activity includes both personal visits and contact by phone.
- Using persuasive skills and company supplied tools and equipment, meets company objectives for sales volume, product mix, and new product awareness. Develops and executes time management and account/territory development plans.
- Follows up and processes sales leads, based on information received from Eppendorf NA sales representatives, company trade shows, marketing campaigns, telephone inquiries and other sources. Develops list of prospective customers on a local level.
- Presents the products, performs on-site field demonstrations when account potential is identified, and provides the necessary follow-up and development to proceed through product sales.
- Attends trade exhibits and local shows for the purpose of promoting products.
- Maintains and updates company data as requested on eCRM.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of company leased vehicles and company equipment.
- Trains, motivates, and works cooperatively with their assigned Eppendorf NA sales personnel to increase sales of Automation products.
- Provides weekly expense and activity reports, monthly and quarterly forecasts, competitive activity reports and other such reports and data as requested, accurately and on time.
- Up to 70% travel to attend customer sites and tradeshows
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must maintain a good driving record. Good credit standing and credit card to pay business travel expenses.
- **Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment. **
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: