Field Application Specialist - Automation
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Selangor
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With more than 3,600 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
- Act as the technical lead at Eppendorf for epMotion, including hardware and software (instrument, accessories and consumables), theory & principles, applications, process development, troubleshooting, and more.
- Up to 70% travel throughout Asia Pacific and Africa to provide before, during and after purchase fulfillment services, including but not limited to product demo, installation, training, method development, applications support and troubleshooting. Method of communications includes face to face visits, phone calls, Skype, Face Time, webinars, etc.
- Sell and fulfill application support contracts for customers using epMotion as well as other paid application services offered.
- Coordinate with marketing and service on the generation and production of collateral materials, application notes, training courses, manuals, white sheets, user guides and other technical literature.
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related area of study
- At least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience. Candidates with M.S. or Ph.D in the above fields are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with automated liquid handlers. Experience with the Eppendorf epMotion software a plus.
- Product knowledge and computer literacy (MS Office, CRM, Web based applications).
- Interpersonal communication and team skills.
- Must be independent, creative, self- motivated with a strong focus on quality, details and results.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- We truly appreciate our employees and their performance. This is why we offer an attractive salary.
- By working with us, you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions.
- To enable you to depend your technical knowledge and to continous development, we offer a wide range of training and development options.
- Attractive employee benefits
- Attractive performance bonus