Junior Instrument Technician Opportunity!
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 25-10-21
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job-ID: R3125
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with all customers and make dealing with Eppendorf a positive experience for them.
- Checks, services and repairs electronic instrumentation in our San Diego, CA facility.
- Responsible for processing customer phone calls with technical support and evaluation of customer's instrument service and related application issues.
- Trouble shoots ongoing problems and assists in resolution by phone and e-mail contact.
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking, and shipping and for the return of customer's property in and out of the San Diego repair shop.
- Performs repairs and tests on all electronic/mechanical instruments. This includes testing, reading schematics and diagrams, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts on customer repairs and new instruments.
- Tests instruments to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Determines necessity for replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Records calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates.
- Maintains and re-orders suitable inventory of spare parts.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required.
- Promotes the sale of the company's service products.
- Responsible for proper care of company equipment.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all the company's inventory control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent military training, and three to five years' related experience and/or training.
- One to two years' laboratory experience in scientific research is a plus.
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: