Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3263
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Plan, manage and coordinate the implementation of manufacturing applications projects for the improvement of manufacturing software systems and architecture for human machine interfaced test systems
- Direct the design and implementation of Industry 4.0 digitalization and AI efforts in manufacturing; including applications for new products being developed
- Plan and execute the roll-out of the Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) in production
- Review and determine project feasibility, developing project proposals for approval and managing and executing of the project work
- Ensure adequate testing and debugging of software applications is executed and ensure software vendors to provide resolution quickly and effectively.
- Execute manufacturing operations simulations and analysis including technology study for manufacturing improvements
- Work with cross-functional teams and specialists within the Eppendorf group or third-party vendors, to ensure continuity of production, applications and technological processes.
- Develop and author local standards and work instructions to streamline processes to comply with ISO, FDA and Corporate requirements
- Support Computerized Software Validation Activities for all manufacturing related software
- Estimate times, resource requirements, and related material and cost for projects and other decisions related to IT applications or digitalization projects.
- Develop innovative solutions that benefit production efficiency, quality output and reduces production cost.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Support operations with product line documentation; routing, work instructions, time studies, process FMEA’s, engineering change orders, deviation requests.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Eppendorf’s Quality Management System required as well.
- **Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption**
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university, and up to five years of directly related Manufacturing Engineering experience and/or training.
- Must have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes, sequences and methodologies as well as supply chain processes and flows. Knowledgeable in Industry 4.0, digitalization and process support systems, e.g. ERP, MES. Must be familiar with ISO 9000 and specifically with computer software validation procedures.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing (e.g. green belt practices, six sigma) and project management is required.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: