- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R2733
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and assembly systems.
- Maintains reliable and safe manufacturing/assembly systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Analyzes, plans and improves work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum manufacturing efficiency.
- Develops innovative solutions that benefit production efficiency, quality output and reduces production cost.
- Performs process analyses (sequence and content of assembly steps, time studies, material flow analysis) and develops to-be assembly concepts.
- Improves process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related material and labor cost to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Implement and support Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) activities.
- Supports operations with product line documentation; routing, work instructions, time studies, process FMEA’s, engineering change orders, deviation requests.
- Develops complete routing and documentation packages, including part finishing operation requirements, in support of shop floor operations.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and financial budgets are followed.
- Participate in the Company’s Lean/Continuous Improvement activities.
- Researches and purchases new manufacturing technologies.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Eppendorf’s Quality Management System required as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university, and up to three years of directly related Manufacturing Engineering experience and/or training. Must be very knowledgeable in assembly sequences and methodologies for manual (hands-on) assembly systems. Must be familiar with ISO 9000, Lean Manufacturing, green belt practices, and CAD/CAM programming for computerized machinery. Familiarity with customary dimensioning and tolerancing standards in a sheet metal environment & G, D & T training is preferred.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: