Mechanical Engineer II
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Job-ID: R6115
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Enjoys working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Operate within a Scaled Agile for Systems (SAFs) development framework.
- Responsible for participating in product development assignments to create, support or maintain product offerings.
- Assist lead engineers on moderate sized or major development projects.
- Duties will include performing design tasks such as calculations, drawings, bills of materials creation, engineering change orders, test documentation and verification & validation documentation. Tasks will also include input into project schedules, project costing and project documentation.
- Work with junior engineers to complete assignments. Capable of providing direction to colleagues and making complex design decisions.
- Experience with electromechanical device design required.
- Proven capabilities in root cause analysis, risk assessment and DFMEA processes.
- Possess the ability to work with others including Electrical/Software Engineering, Business Portfolio, Operations, Quality and Customer Support in a highly collaborative environment to implement specified design requirements into production quality systems.
- Experience with project management, metal and plastic fabrication and one or more of the following: pressure vessel design, aseptic design, refrigeration or process control a plus.
- Knowledge of materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics, electrical design, PID control, finite element analysis and failure mode effect analysis.
- Possess a thorough understanding of product development, workflow processing techniques and familiar with MRP systems.
- Work effectively in a change-oriented environment, under very tight timeframes and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Possess ability to work independently and as part of a team to apply knowledge of principles and practices in development of Eppendorf product offerings.
- Ability to follow ISO 13485 & ISO 9001 policies and procedures in the performance of the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- ** Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment**
- Minimum qualification: BS Mechanical Engineering degree and 5+ years experience in a similar field or MS Mechanical Engineering degree with 3+ years experience in a similar field.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: