New Business Development Manager (m/f/d) Molecular Biology
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 01-01-22
- Location: Hamburg
- Job-ID: R3097
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- You derive new business opportunities from your experiences in molecular biology
- You develop and execute the business strategy for the Eppendorf Innovation Company (EpIC) in the innovation target area Molecular Biology incorporating approaches, such as incubation, strategic partnering and venturing.
- You engage with the Venture Capital community, start-ups, investors, corporates, Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and domain experts in developing strategic recommendations and act as point-of-contact for entrepreneurs to access relevant resources and contacts.
- You lead due diligence projects for potential venture investments and prepare investment decisions for Management Board approval.
- You monitor and report performance of portfolio companies/investments and execution of value creation plan with the EpIC leadership team.
- You qualify and evaluate business opportunities regarding creativity, innovation, value proposition, business aspiration, competitiveness and investment stage.
- You are willing to travel up to 40% of your working time
- You have successfully completed your studies in life sciences and possess five to eight years of professional experience with applied research skills in molecular biology, complemented by postgraduate studies.
- You have more than five years of experience in the industry with responsibility in business-relevant functions, preferably with a MBA degree.
- You have a solid knowledge of the dynamics in the molecular biology research and diagnostics market.
- You have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with diverse partners (e.g., start-ups, entrepreneurs, universities, research institutions, industry experts, incubation labs).
- You have a track record in successfully managing complex interdisciplinary projects.
- You are experienced in modelling/analyzing new business opportunities and have profound presentation skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally good German language skills.
- You have a strong business acumen in translating technological early stage innovations into tangible business proposals.
- You have a strong ability to develop big picture view, while paying attention to detail.
- You are highly motivated with a profound ability to organize tasks, work independently when necessary, and solve problems.
- You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively in a fast-paced work setting and to meet project deliverables and deadlines.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- We very much appreciate our employees and their contributions to the success of the company. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation and you will benefit from a spectrum of social benefits, for example health management, retirement planning, and an in-house cafe for lunch.
- We offer flexible work hours so that you can responsibly shape your work day to your needs
- By working for us you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions.
- You will have responsibility for challenging projects with demanding customers in an international environment.
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: