Quality Technician II
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R5140
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
- Perform random audits of manufactured goods, using learned knowledge of quality standards to release product. Learned knowledge requires ongoing communication with Quality Manager. 2.Documentation and record keeping of all quality audits.
- Communication of non-conforming products to Quality Manager, Production Manager, and/or Shift Supervisors. Make appropriate recommendations for rework/scrap of any non-conforming product based on evidence.
- Assist in the isolation of any potential non-conforming product.
- Strong computer skills will be required as we move towards a paperless production process. This includes proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc) as well as the general understanding of computerized systems and a willingness to learn new systems as time goes on. This will be a major role in the position.
- Support and training of machine operators/ packers in tasks related to the quality requirements. Since production operates on a 24/7 rotating schedule this may require coming in outside of normal work hours to meet with and train night shift. Support and training of employees in tasks related to the quality requirements.
- Provides training to new quality technicians.
- Sound understanding to support lab quality testing for all manufactured goods including test equipment such as (but not limited to):
- *Lab testing involves repetitive movement of the arms/hands.
- Process and ISO system auditing. This will include internal audits, supporting in audits from regulating bodies, and assisting in supplier and customer audits. Additional training to become certified auditor must already be completed or will be required to be completed upon hire.
- Works with various hand tools, power tools when necessary.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Applies developed trouble shooting techniques to locate and correct sources of deficiency in production or automation.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all company inventory control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- **Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption**
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: