Supplier Quality Engineer
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3593
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- The Supplier Quality Engineer at Eppendorf - Enfield facility will support EMC’s business plan by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials and outside processes.
- This comprises supplier quality related processes such as qualification, development, integration, monitoring, and auditing. Travel to suppliers domestically and internationally, is required. Travel will be required up to 50%.
- Conducts supplier on-site audits, and follow up audits, to qualify and assess supplier’s quality and manufacturing capabilities to support the supplier qualification process, surveillance program and supplier development program.
- Drives continuous improvement in supplier performance through utilization of tools such as Six Sigma, SPC, Gauge R&R, DOE, FMEA, and 8D Root Cause Analysis, and Lean.
- Drive successful conclusions to supplier related corrective action investigations, identifying and validating root cause. Apply appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment, and drives corrective and preventative actions to address the determined problem(s).
- Drives supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need for incoming inspection activities.
- Develops documents and maintains in-process inspection plans for process control, testing and inspection with an emphasis on statistical techniques.
- Reviews supplier submittals such as certificates of compliance (CofC), completed inspection plans, and other vendor quality documentation to assure component quality requirements are met.
- Applies appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment, and drives corrective and preventative actions to address the determined problem(s).
- Develops, executes and analyzes quality-reporting measures and reports to Management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Provides quality training to functional owners and process owners as business needs dictate.
- Experience with standards such as ISO9001/ISO13485, BPE along with a working knowledge of ASME Section 9 and AWS welding requirements and inspection preferred
- Work experience in laboratory equipment manufacturing (Life science equipment such as centrifuges, shakers, freezers, bioprocess reactors and controllers) environment preferred
- Experience with quality techniques: Design and Process FMEA, SPC, etc.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt and ASQ Quality Engineer Certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, emphasizing interpersonal, group presentation, and team facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally – domestic as well as international
- Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or a technical field required. Masters or other technical graduate degree preferred
- Requires 3 -5 years of experience in supplier quality engineering, including audit, in-depth understanding of quality concepts and principles.
- Global supplier quality experience and familiarity with wide variety of manufacturing technologies; stampings, sheet metal components, castings, electrical components (circuit boards, wire harnesses, displays, etc.), and pressure vessels.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: