Network / System Administrator
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3116
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to actively contribute to the design of digital challenges and infrastructures in an international company? At Eppendorf you will be working in state-of-the-art teams. The latest technology is your motivation, too? Then apply now!Apply now
- Administration & Records – Provide Platform administration. Identify and resolve issues independently with sound technical judgment.
- Enforce license compliance for all supported systems
- Provide system-level administration and maintenance for all supported systems
- Maintain support agreements for software related to supported systems
- Maintain support agreements for all network hardware
- Provide users administration in Active Directory
- Support Microsoft license compliance for all products used in Engineering Developer Network
- Keep & organize records in SharePoint for the Developer Network & Polymer networks & systems
- Project Management & Analysis – Identify areas for improvement and contribution to the Infrastructure Services Team. Lead projects and tasks and appropriate communicate results with the following principals
- Time Management – able to handle multiple projects and multiple priorities.
- Efficient and appropriate task Identification
- Independent Problem resolution
- Independent Project prioritization
- Appropriate Documentation
- Success measurement
- Other Tasks – Responsibilities to implement assigned projects, routine tasks, and team projects should be performed at a high and consistent level. Must have working and functional knowledge of all Global IT and other related policies, procures, and standards. Responsibilities include investigation of said items on a regular basis to keep up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical Knowledge and/or certification in the following areas:
- PanOS, NetScreen, Juniper MAG, Microsoft authenticator, Aruba switches, Cisco Wireless, firewalls, server room requirements, Avaya PBX, OSPF, carrier lines, 802.1x , Microsoft server technologies, TCP/IP
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: