- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Job-ID: R2812
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- Responsible to perform calibration service/instrument service as assigned at a Service Center to achieve group-based annual goals.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping and contacting warehouse personnel for the return of customer’s property in and out of the service center.
- Responsible for processing customer phone calls with technical support and evaluation of customer’s service related issues. Trouble shoot ongoing problems and assist in resolutions by phone and e-mail contact.
- Maintains and re-orders a suitable inventory of spare parts and responsible for proper care of company equipment.
- Administrative Excellence. Responsible to ensure service is completed accurately and all system needs are addressed in a timely manner with the proper detail to ensure invoicing and quality management system requirements.
- Maintains required ISO Compliance (including all necessary training certificates) under the direction of the Management team and all of the company’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all of the company’s inventory control policies. Procedures, rules, and regulations
- Checks, services, repairs and tests on all electronic / mechanical instruments. This includes testing, reading schematics and diagrams, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts on customer repairs and new instruments.
- Tests instruments to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Determines necessity for replacement, adjustment, or repair.
- Records calibration test measurments in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates
- Service components include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, clean, calibrate and repair liquid handling instrumentation through the attachment and/or installation of mechanical/electronic parts.
- Executes the determined service product- Follows any established customer protocols, tests instruments to ensure conformance to agreed specifications.
- Determines and completes necessary cleaning, replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Record calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates as required.
- General familiarity with the different manufacturer pipettes, service products and workflows in order to support customer orders. Knowledgeable in the preventive maintenance, repair and calibration of all manufacturer pipettes and associated calibration processes. Shows the ability to recommend the optimal solution to customers for best possible customer satisfaction.
- High School or GED equivalent required, Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- 1-2 years’ relevant technical or customer experience (i.e, sales or service); or equivalent military training with at least 1-2 years’ relevant technical or customer experience. Combination of education and experience okay.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: