Accounts Receivable Associate
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3390
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Post daily cash to customer receivable accounts from various mediums timely and accurately; reconcile batches daily.
- Review monthly delinquency account reports; select and perform collection efforts on delinquent accounts.
- Reconcile customer accounts including resolving unapplied payments; work with other departments and customers to resolve disputed items; request account adjustments as deemed necessary.
- Create new customer accounts as needed and maintain customer master records according to departmental procedures.
- Provide back up support to Credit Specialist. Review and release orders on credit hold within departmental credit policy guidelines. Review orders over authority limit with Cash Manager. Assign credit limits on new or existing accounts up to $10,000 per company guidelines.
- Maintain accurate contact documentation on each account including all communications with customers and other third parties on collection matters.
- Collect sales tax exemption certificates; maintain files and software as per company guidelines. Update Teams and Sovos tax software records accordingly. Run reports monthly to capture expired certificates. Assist outside auditors with certificates during audits as necessary. Process tax credits according to departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Process customer invoices daily, assist with customer statements monthly and prepare for mailing.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable e-mail and voice mailboxes; respond to inquiries; answer calls routed through the Accounts Receivable call group.
- Evaluate and review customer account records and forward recommendations to close accounts, change credit limits, payment terms, etc.
- Assist in negotiations regarding payment plans and monitor payment progress.
- Respond to inquiries upon request from management, other departments, internal and external auditors.
- Write and maintain procedures for all critical job functions.
- Cross train on critical functions as agreed upon by manager.
- Maintain accounts receivable files according to departmental procedures.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed as established by the Finance Department and Eppendorf.
- Involvement in special projects and assignments by management as required.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: