Application Lab Scientist
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 14-12-20
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R852
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Assist field sales personnel with pre-sale product demonstration, post-sale product installation, on-site trainings, application development and support for customers who have purchased Eppendorf products. This activity includes both onsite visits and contact by phone and email.
- Respond and resolve application related phone and e-mail inquiries for core products (PCR, Centrifugation, Detection, and Liquid Handling), Automation and Cell Technology systems.
- Solicit and receive direction for projects and needed applications to improve sales for all products with the exception of Bioprocess.
- Works cooperatively with Eppendorf Services on technical troubleshooting, programming support, and resolution of system service issues.
- Provide technical information to prospective and current customers when requested.
- Maintains laboratory with required reagents and lab supplies and performs tests to bench mark Eppendorf products.
- Aid in development of Application notes, white papers, user guides, and troubleshooting guides.
- Provide support for new product development, testing, and training.
- Conduct hands-on training on new and existing products for new sales representatives.
- Advises global Application Support Group on application and quality issues encountered in the market region.
- Up to 20% travel throughout the market region to provide after purchase fulfillment services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology or a related Life Science field, and/or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Practical experience with Eppendorf products and, in particular, PCR and molecular biology applications is a significant consideration.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and educational benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative company culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- New start of the art laboratory
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact:
Whitney Walton, +1 (860) 2533474