Distribution Center Site Manager
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Fresno, CA
- Job-ID: R4375
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Accomplishes warehouse operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves distribution operational objectives by providing operational information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets distribution financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops distribution systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops distribution system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies and procedures; coordinating patrols with security department.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Quality: The Site Manager will be responsible for the quality and consistency of Fresno DC. This will include setting standards and monitoring warehouse and product cleanliness, packaging standards and consistency, inventory accuracy, and shipping and receiving standards. The standards will be developed by the Site Manager and approved by the VP. The goal will be to set and implement ongoing and ever-improving, “best practices”.
- Fresno facility: Home office: Direct reports: Multiple on-site direct and indirect reports as part of a staff of 8+ Responsible for the overall operation of the Fresno facility.
- The Site Manager will meet regularly to review KPI performance and discuss strategy. The Site Manager will be responsible for managing KPI performance, providing feedback, evaluating process gaps and providing additional training as needed. The Site Manager will also escalate any off-site performance issues to the VP for follow-up.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong PC skills, strong communication skills.
- **Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment. **
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: