Engineer Software III
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Job-ID: R7376
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Responsible for performing software design and development functions as well as leading small development projects.
- Creates and develops software designs and architectures as required.
- Work with personnel and mentor colleagues within development engineering to complete assignments. Duties will include generation of detailed design documentation, engineering plans and proposals to ensure execution of such plans.
- Work closely with colleagues in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering functions to implement specified design requirements into production quality systems.
- Act as the subject matter expert for software development tools, methods and applications to advance the state-of-the-art software products Follows ISO 9001 and 13485policies and procedures in the performance to the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
- Analyzes data and information to enable problem solving.
- Creates software change orders and documentation for releasing and launching software.
- Troubleshoots and debugs software issues and creates software testing programs to test software or hardware.
- Creates and develops algorithm and mathematical models as required.
- Work effectively in a change-oriented environment, under very tight timeframes and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Exhibit a collaborative, team-oriented work ethic.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum qualification: BS EE or CE (or equivalent) degree and 10+ years’ experience as a software developer/engineer for embedded controls.
- Experience in embedded Linux and Yocto build environment
- Demonstrate competency in design of control software, Graphical User Interface and firmware-based products.
- Experience in C, C++ programming, using Qt for Linux, platform experience in VB.NET programming for Windows based systems.
- Knowledge of serial communication using RS232, RS485, SPI.
- Experience applying agile software development techniques is preferred.
- The individual has ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, patents, and other technical or business documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community is also necessary. The individual must create or contribute to presentations or documents that conform to prescribed style and format and have the ability to effectively present technical information to management or co-workers.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: