Field Service Engineer
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job-ID: R4424
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
- Perform service efficiently and effectively on instruments and equipment as requested or initiated. This includes but is not limited to installation, operator training, preventive maintenance, testing, inspecting, troubleshooting, adjustments, calibrations, alignments and part replacement. Adheres to service manuals, technical procedures and direction while properly documenting and managing work activity, billing and quality documents in-house, on site at customer facilities or over the phone as required.
- Responsible for the sale of Eppendorf North America service products to meet stated revenue and costs objectives to meet personal, department, and corporate metric/goals. Activities include; define customer needs, understanding service products, quoting and selling activities. Participates in generating cross selling leads to sales colleagues to promote sales growth. Responsible for corporate assets including company vehicle, inventory, company tools, equipment and all other assigned assets.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of technical knowledge pertaining to service activities described. Satisfactory completion service training curriculum on an ongoing basis.
- Creates a high level of customer satisfaction through exhibiting both excellent technical and customer skills. Demonstrates a positive can do professional image and attitude in front of customers and colleagues always. Communicates status and expectations in both written and verbal formats in clear, complete, concise manner at frequent or as requested intervals. Exhibits excellent proactive pre- call planning and follow up skills.
- Routinely requires extensive or overnight travel on short notice within or sometimes beyond defined territory or routine business hours to support customer and/or ENA and Eppendorf Service needs.
- Promotes the sale of Eppendorf North America service products to meet budgeted and associated service and sales goals.
- Responsible for inventory management of spare parts. Maintains and re-orders suitable inventory and complies with all the company's inventory control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for proper care of company tools, equipment and all other assigned assets.
- Adheres to universal safety precautions as required by Eppendorf North America and all other requirements mandated by clientele.
- Responsible to follow all required elements of the Quality Management System and all other company policies and procedures
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent military training, and three to five years’ related experience and/or training.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must maintain a good driving record. Good credit standing and credit card to pay business travel expenses.
- **Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment. **
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: