- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R4968
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Maintaining and seeking to continually improve all required HSE programs to ensure compliance with all Eppendorf, local, state, and federal HSE regulations, including but not limited to EPA, OSHA, DOT, Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (CT DEEP), and other states’ regulatory agencies including all required company programs, processes, instructions, and best practices.
- Maintaining site environmental permits and spill prevention and waste management plans including required inspection and sampling to ensure compliance with all reporting and permit requirements.
- Providing support and guidance daily on safe work practices including ergonomics and use of proper PPE through routine safety checks to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company HSE safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Serving as technical resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Lockout/Tagout, Emergency Preparedness and Fire Prevention, Hazard Communication, Contractor Safety, Personal Protective Equipment, Electrical Safety, Biohazard Safety, Working at Heights, Machine Guarding, Powered Industrial Vehicles, and Ergonomics.\
- Maintaining the company’s electronic and hard copy Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management system.
- Conducting incident/accident investigations using root cause analysis, determination of corrective actions, and ensure recommended corrective actions/preventative measures are completed in a timely manner and tracked.
- Assisting with periodic industrial hygiene surveys including worker exposure to noise, particulates and chemicals.
- Supporting routine departmental HSE inspections to ensure compliance with HSE regulations and best practices. Participate as an HSE representative in pre-project safety assessments. Identify any concerns and make recommendations for corrective actions / improvements. Engage management, employees and contractors in safety initiatives to eliminate or control safety hazards and reduce risk of injury or negative environmental impact.
- Inspecting and evaluating workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and regulatory agency health and safety standards and regulations
- Working with department management, manufacturing engineers and staff to design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions and to reduce the incidence of injuries, including musculoskeletal.
- Planning, developing and delivering presentations and safety training content that communicates the relevance of HSE information and influences business decisions and worker behavior and acts to inspire a culture where employees at all levels take ownership for safety.
- Maintaining HSE Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics for presentation to corporate leaders and department management
- Assisting with injury case management including return to work and worker's compensation claims.
- Acting as and supporting the efforts of first responders providing technical guidance and leadership; securing the area, bringing in required assistance, developing and supporting appropriate response plan to complex situations and ensuring appropriate and timely communication within the HSE team and Management.
- **Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption**
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental management, and/or a related scientific or technical discipline required
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment
- Professional certification: ASP, CSP, OHST, CHST, CIH, CHMM, and/or other certifications a plus
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: