Instrument Service Technician
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 05-07-22
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R5132
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with all customers and make dealing with Eppendorf a positive experience.
- Checks, services and repairs electronic instruments.
- Responsible for processing customer phone calls with technical support and evaluation of customer’s instrument service related application issues. Trouble shoot ongoing problems and assist in resolutions by phone and e-mail contact.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping and contacting warehouse personnel for the return of customer’s property in and out of the service center.
- Performs repairs and tests on all electronic / mechanical instruments. This includes testing, reading schematics and diagrams, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts on customer repairs and new instruments.
- Tests instruments to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Determines necessity for replacement, adjustment, or repair.
- Records calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates.
- Maintains and re-orders a suitable inventory of spare parts.
- Exercises all safety precautions ad required
- Promotes the sale of the company’s service products and liquid handling promotion program.
- Responsible for proper care of company equipment.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all of the company’s inventory control policies. Procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provide technical support, advise, and give assistance to customer and colleagues with technical, hardware, or software system problems on the VIP Technical Support Phone-line. Deal directly with end users and effectively communicate answers.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent military training, and three to five years’ related experience and/or training. One to Two years’ laboratory experience in scientific research is a plus.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: