Instrument Service Technician
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 22-02-21
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job-ID: R1211
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With more than 3,600 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with all customers and make dealing with Eppendorf a positive experience for them.
- Checks, services and repairs electronic instrumentation in our Enfield, CT facility.
- Responsible for processing customer phone calls with technical support and evaluation of customer’s instrument service and related application issues. Trouble shoot ongoing problems and assist in resolution by phone and e-mail contact.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping and contacting warehouse personnel for the return of customer’s property in and out of the Enfield repair shop.
- Performs repairs and tests on all electronic/mechanical instruments. This includes testing, reading schematics and diagrams, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts on customer repairs and new instruments.
- Tests instruments to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Determines necessity for replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Records calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates.
- Maintains and re-orders suitable inventory of spare parts.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required.
- Promotes the sale of the company’s service products and company’s liquid handling promotion program.
- Responsible for proper care of company equipment.
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all of the company's inventory control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent military training, and three to five years’ related experience and/or training.
- One to two years’ laboratory experience in scientific research is a plus
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Build relationships with inventive businesses
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: