Senior Calibration Specialist
- Careerlevel: Direct Entry
- Employment: full time, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Sydney
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With more than 3,600 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- Provide hands-on leadership and coaching in the Liquid Handling Calibration Laboratory to achieve or exceed the stated and agreed levels of quality and service across the range of liquid handling instruments serviced, directly and through the calibration technicians.
- Act with expertise, responsibility and diligence in carrying out the duties as the Authorised Signatory for preparing and issuing Endorsed Reports
- Work closely with the Quality Manager to maintain and develop the Calibration Laboratory’s quality system in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Play a lead role in contributing to: the continuous improvement of the calibration team; the services offered by the Liquid Handling Calibration Laboratory; the retention of existing business through dedicated customer focus and the development of new business.
- Guide, coach and support the Calibration Technicians to achieve the stated and agreed levels of quality and service across the range of liquid handling instruments serviced.
- Complete all calibration and repair jobs that enter the Calibration Laboratory, both directly and through the Calibration Technicians, according to the documented policies, procedures, relevant standards and work instructions.
- Lead the Laboratory’s efforts to adhere to and develop the established quality management system (QMS), in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025, by: following all relevant laboratory procedures; monitoring, coaching and training the calibration technicians; filing all relevant ESP QMS documents; and, working closely with the Quality Manager regarding issues and opportunities with the QMS.
- Complete a job sheet for every job undertaken with accurate details of work carried out, time taken, parts used, issues found and the final status of the equipment.
- Issue a Calibration Report for each job completed.
- Respond to customer enquiries about calibration services, updating them with the status of their job(s) when necessary.
- Strive to achieve a maximum of 3 days turnaround time on all laboratory services.
- Strictly limit customer returns due to unsatisfactory service/workmanship, ensuring that CARs/PARs are raised when required to learn from, and avoid recurrence of, such complaints.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative to solve problems that arise within the Calibration Laboratory.
- Travel interstate occasionally to perform on-site calibration and/or training programs.
- Ensure an efficient, productive and harmonious work environment, addressing any issues or concerns directly or escalating to the Laboratory Manager when required.
- Submit warranty claims for relevant products
- Initiates and completes monthly equipment check as well as in house calibration
- Replenish the laboratory’s inventory of both Eppendorf and non-Eppendorf liquid handling spare parts and consumables.
- Bachelor Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline preferred.
- Preferably of four (4) years proven competence working in a calibration laboratory
- Candidate must be able to live and work in Australia
- Independent, able to achieve outcomes with minimal supervision whilst collaborating as a team player when required within the Service Department and more widely throughout the company in the South Pacific and internationally.
- Results-oriented and driven to achieve excellence.
- Effective mechanical and conceptual problem-solving ability.
- Above-average understanding of fundamental mathematical and statistical concepts including standard deviation, mean value, percentages, etc.
- Sound knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, CRM, Databases
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, CRM, Databases)
- Able to relate Windows-based software concept to other similar software programs.
Effectively demonstrates Eppendorf’s key competencies in the following ways:
- Customer Focus - building strong relationships across the organization and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making well-informed and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Results - Balancing competing priorities without comprising quality. Consistently achieving results with a sense of urgency.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Ambiguity – Resourceful and resilient; operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Your Benefits at Eppendorf
- We truly appreciate our employees and their performance. This is why we offer an attractive salary.
- By working with us, you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions.
- To enable you to deepend your technical knowledge and to continous development, we offer a wide range of training and development options.
- Attractive employee benefits.
- Attractive performance bonus.
- Long service award recognition.
We look forward to getting to know you!
For further questions please contact
Renee Loh, + 6012 276 3830