Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R2385
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting studies of process capability and overall efficiency. Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations, as well as customer feedback.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding others
- Work with management to streamline processes and look for tooling and programming opportunities to enhance product quality, cost, and improve throughput.
- Keep records of improvements and document all operations so processes are fully documented
- May require assisting in coverage for manager in machine shop from time to time to ensure we keep things moving.
- Design fixtures and tooling to improve processes as well as part programming using Mastercam CAD/CAM programs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5+ years of machining experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Work with high-tech automated machines
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: