New Business Development Manager (m/w/d) Cell Biology
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 01-01-23
- Location: Hamburg
- Job-ID: R5722
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- You qualify and evaluate business opportunities regarding creativity, innovation, value proposition, business aspiration, competitiveness and investment stage.
- You communicate and coordinate partner expectations throughout the investment process under the guidance of the Head of New Business Development.
- You create and present investment summaries and recommendations to the EpIC leadership for approval, including business rationale, quantitative assessment and strategic fit.
- You develop and maintain excellent working relationships with relevant external and internal stakeholders of the EpIC and act as point-of-contact for entrepreneurs to access relevant resources and contacts in the organization.
- You ensure close tracking of milestones and progress of entrepreneurs and start-up companies and develop and leverage network with industry, academics, KOLs and institutions.
- You provide direction to Innovation Scouts and Venture Analyst regarding the innovation target area Cell Biology, act as subject matter expert and continuously support the EpIC leadership in further developing the EpIC business strategy and in building the EpIC investment/partnership portfolio
- You attend events, conferences and exhibitions and contribute to building the external network and “brand” of EpIC in the life science market.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of time.
- You have a degree in life sciences with 5-8 years of relevant work experience with applied research skills, complemented by postgraduate studies.
- You have 3+ years of industry experience with responsibility in business-relevant function, preferably with MBA degree
- You have solid knowledge of the dynamics in the cell biology research, Cell & Gene therapy and diagnostics market.
- You have demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with diverse partners (e.g., start-ups, entrepreneurs, universities, research institutions, industry experts, incubation labs…).
- You track record in successfully managing complex interdisciplinary projects.
- You have experience in modelling/analyzing new business opportunities, profound presentation skills and excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, good German language skills preferable.
- You have strong business acumen in translating technological early stage innovations into tangible business proposals, a strong ability to develop big picture view, while giving attention to detail, and you are a highly motivated individual with profound ability to organize tasks, work independently when necessary, and solve problems
- You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You have the proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively in a fast-paced work setting and to meet project deliverables and deadlines
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- We offer flexible work hours so that you can responsibly shape your work day to your needs.
- By working for us you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions.
- You will have responsibility for challenging projects with demanding customers in an international environment.
- We offer a strong premium brand and an excellent global brand recognition.
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: