Quality Manager - Inspection
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R2559
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a system to assure that the Company and its affiliates meet customer specifications.
- Develops and implements quality programs to ensure conformity to quality standards.
- Eppendorf Manufacturing Corporation maintains ISO certification. Responsible for ensuring that the Company and its affiliates are compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO/IEC 17025 standards, if applicable. Experiences in IVD-CE and FDA regulations are beneficial.
- Responsible for creating the Company's quality manual as well as relevant SOPs.
- Develops and maintains a supplier quality index, utilizing statistical control programs to assure that only high-quality suppliers/vendors/services are retained.
- Meets with suppliers, customers and Company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished products and services by devising evaluation tests, methods and procedures, if applicable.
- Coordinates and approves sample submissions of new products and engineering changes, if applicable.
- Prepares all necessary reports as required by customers and staff personnel.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support QA Technician by performing QA tests on the production floor.
- Will become proficient with all test equipment and laser marking systems.
- Manages entire quality department, including all Quality Technicians.
- Improves existing and implements new quality tests and procedures as an ongoing task. Takes an active role in streamlining our processes with regard to quality aspects.
- Controls costs associated with Quality Assurance. Investigates opportunities for cost savings. Takes an active role in reducing scrap and rework activities. This is an ongoing task.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Eppendorf’s Quality Management System required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years quality management experience
- Statistical analysis, precision measurement, and process capability studies will become an intricate part of the quality assurance program; therefore, formal education in courses related to these areas such as mathematics, statistics, and industrial practices, are essential for this position.
- Knowledge ofIS0/9000 certification is required. Some quality assurance practices as they apply to individual unique products can be learned during on-the-job training
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: