Raw Materials Warehouse Supervisor
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Job-ID: R5133
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Supervise the warehouse staff supporting all raw material activity between all EMC divisions and the warehouse. This includes, but is not limited to, the issuing of material to the product line, the return of unused raw material to the warehouse, damaged inventory resolution, missing inventory troubleshooting, stock adjustments, picking & repackaging of accessories parts, goods receiving, put away of received material and cycle counting.
- Provides leadership to the team based on operational experience and knowledge. This includes knowledge of warehouse operations including outbound shipping, inbound receiving and manufacturing warehouse responsibilities.
- Manages and is responsible for all training for Warehouse Specialists; including participating in interviewing process. to all standards and work instructions such as order picking, inventory management and control processes.
- Develops plan with team to accomplish daily workload. Distributes work to team and provides necessary coverage to insure work is completed. Including instructions as order picking, inventory management and control processes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining organization and cleanliness of the work areas in the raw material warehouse.
- Must be able to operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, or uses hand trucks to load I unload trucks or move, convey, or hoist products from warehouse, shipping and receiving areas to storage or work areas.
- Should be familiar with SAP, RF scanners and related equipment to ensure that transfer orders are being selected consolidated and delivered. Must have ability to use computer and Microsoft Office.
- Identifies any product discrepancies, researches root cause and forwards information to management for resolution and follow-up.
- Participates in physical inventory and cycle counting and adheres to all inventory control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Performs appropriate audits to ensure inventory accuracy and control, and ensure performance of order pickers. This may include, empty bins audits, cycle counts, put away audits and receiving audits, outbound part delivery audits, etc.
- Participates in selection of kan-ban bins, work orders and large-scale orders as needed.
- Oversees and ensures that materials being received are correctly. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, packing slips, invoices, orders, or other records. Examine received materials and records shortages, reject damaged items, data entered against purchase orders. Properly label, put away and distribute received items with identifying information. Communicates with purchasing and inventory control to rectify damages and shortages.
- Monitors outbound domestic and international shipments to ensure all shipments are accurate and include proper shipping documentation. Verifies method of shipment. Addresses packages and compares addresses with records to verify accuracy. Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons, pallets or crates. Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information onto crates or containers shipping internationally.
- Able to package and secure items being shipped or transported, utilizing proper fill, banding, wrap, cartons and skids. Able to operate automated pallet wrapping equipment.
- Assigns proper routing methods through appropriate carrier companies.
- Must have complete knowledge of all Company products stocked and handled.
- Exercises all safety precautions as required. Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all Company safety procedures, rules and regulations. Responsible for security of warehouse and dock areas during normal working hours.
- Supervises the department and enforces productivity, quality, safety rules and guidelines in the managers absence.
- May be asked to perform ad hoc tasks by manager
- Associates degree or higher preferred; and 3-5 years related supervisor experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: