- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R2306
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Cost-effective purchasing of supplies worldwide on high quality production standard and on schedule.
- Maintain purchasing master data (e.g. supplier information, article data)
- Material planning of cost and non-cost items, release/change of purchase orders.
- Complete processing of orders, which includes soliciting and processing of order confirmations, handling of shipments and duty formalities, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships expected deliveries, value added activities, cost savings, and development.
- Lead sourcing activities for their assigned categories that leverage our external spend and supplier base to deliver the best overall value at the lowest cost. Negotiate measurable spend reduction and/or cost avoidances by creating a competitive, rigorous sourcing process that is built on the Total Cost of Ownership model.
- Use sophisticated souring techniques and levers to achieve the savings targets. Tools such as cost based pricing, cost targeting, total cost of ownership analysis, specification rationalization, demand management, compliance management, collaborative cost reduction, low cost country sourcing, consortia buying, market price benchmarks, volume bundling, process re-engineering, etc
- Continuously drive improvements to the sourcing process to ensure consistency and scalability. Research, analyze and apply industry best practices to ensure Eppendorfs processes are "best in class."
- Develop teamwork and collaborative relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and cross- functional teams that will foster support and alignment with the procurement vision and plan.
- Processing of complaints to suppliers and following corrective actions.
- Maintain purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and materials supporting production schedules.
- Maintain documentation control of all procurement related forms.
- Anticipate the impact of commodity pricing and market trends impacting Eppendorf specifications and manage tradeoffs of risk, quality, and cost.
- Preliminary work on statistics and reports.
- Processing of discrepancies on incoming invoices.
- Coordinate shipping/receiving department deliveries.
- Participate in NPD and Change Order projects within the scope of purchasing.
- Traveling to suppliers and manufacturers worldwide.
- Assist in signing purchase orders
- Continue to improve purchasing methods
- Ensure changes within the department are implemented in a timely manner
- Two-year (Associates) or Bachelor college degree or certificate and/or 10 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five - ten years' experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Strong ASME/BPE standards and metal manufacturing process procurement back ground preferred.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: