Supplier Development Engineer
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 01-11-21
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3039
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Actively participate in assigned new product development teams as the purchasing representative, responsible for the total supply chain activities through release of the product
- Drive Eppendorf requirements at supplier, while representing supplier capabilities within Eppendorf
- Develop new suppliers to reduce cost, increase capacity, and audit suppliers to ensure process conformance.
- Develop supply chain concepts and sourcing strategies, and support make/buy decisions for new product development
- Maintain supplier capability road map (ready now, ready soon, ready later)
- Provide technical insight to analyze supplier risks and opportunities
- Acquire and evaluate sample parts for new and series production; supervise the entire process until production release considering adherence to project dates
- Identify new or existing suppliers capable of meeting new product development requirements
- Maintain purchasing master data (e.g. supplier information, article data)
- Material planning of cost and non-cost items, release/change of purchase orders, processing material deficit reports
- Negotiate and compare pricing and frame contracts on new product development items, MRO/office/building supplies
- Secure item quotations from suppliers for new product development
- Selection, rating, and supplier management
- Processing of change requests in this scope of purchasing responsibilities
- Processing of complaints to suppliers and following corrective actions
- Maintain purchasing policies and procedures
- Ensure timely delivery of items, supplies and materials supporting production and development schedules
- Maintain documentation control of all procurement related forms
- Preliminary work on statistics and reports
- Traveling to suppliers and manufacturers worldwide
- Transfer of sourced suppliers to day to day purchasing (supplier information, conditions, article data, etc.)
- First Article Purchasing support i.e. complete processing of orders, order confirmations, handling of shipments and duty formalities, clearing discrepancies on invoices, coordinate shipping/receiving department deliveries
- Technical and/or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school; and four to six years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years' experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 13485 standards and requirements related to the supply base.
- Ability to apply lean management principles, problem solving skills, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering prints, drawings, and layouts.
- Knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of product quality planning (APQP), production part approval process (PPAP, failure mode & effect analysis (FMEA), control plan, and supplier deviation request.
- Knowledge and skills relevant to ISO standards and global trade compliance, hazardous substances, (RoHS, REACH, Prop 65, WEEE).
- Knowledge of and experience with new product development (Agile development processes preferred)
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: