Supply Chain Planner
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 08-05-23
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Job-ID: R6821
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Understand underlying and project/customer related demands, trends and system configuration relationships for make-to-stock, make-to-order and configured products (Demand Management.)
- Ensure the ability to deliver customer orders of varying configurations and content worldwide.
- Ensure understanding of supplier process and progress of specific needs (Production Planning and Materials Management.)
- Create and gain agreement for production, based upon the demand situation and production capacities, for top-level products
- Determine and adequately plan stock levels based on item demand for service parts and accessories for US and European distributions centers.
- Actively manage the phase in/phase out of materials based on engineering changes as required.
- Maintain master data related to planning parameters for assigned products (This is consistent with the process in the Hamburg planning group.)
- Prepare and gain agreement regarding production forecast/build plan regarding the mix and quantity of all end items (Master Production Schedule) with the technology centers and the relevant divisions.
- Review and comprehend implemented and pending engineering changes and their impacts to customer orders and bundles. Devise and execute plans to implement these changes in cooperation with product management and service organization.
- Comprehend and plan considering demonstrated bottlenecks of major product elements. Be able to create delivery expectations based on order content, stock position and delivery schedules.
- Prepare annual production budget, assess budget regularly based upon demonstrated demand and propose changes as needed. Prepare regular reports on deviations.
- Ensure supporting service parts and accessories are adequately planned to address both initial orders and ongoing customer maintenance needs. Adjust ROP/Safety Stock levels coincident to ad-hoc reviews to recognize changes in demand as they occur.
- Cause ROP’s/Safety Stocks and other risk reductions tools to be reviewed on a periodic basis to assess for outliers and materials for which demand has changed but have not been addressed in ad-hoc reviews.
- Analyze demand and execute deployment of materials to the European Distribution Center as required to ensure supply to that market.
- Release and monitor purchase orders to relevant technology center(s) to support business needs for both North American and European demand.
- Release and monitor production orders to ensure availability of bundled options and repair kits.
- Establish a Sales and Operations review (meeting/process) with upper management on a regular basis to ensure a single point opportunity to promote understanding of current demand and supply status.
- 6-8 years of experience in an organization using SAP
- 6-8 years of experience in planning utilizing forecasting, planning bills of material, master scheduling, configuration management, MRP, purchasing and production scheduling and control tools.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Production Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business.
- Professional certification from American Production and Inventory Control Society, Purchasing Managers’ Association or other professional supply chain organization(s).
- Demonstrated success in implementing and effectively operating the planning function, coordinating operational areas in a business with mixed configurable, make-to-order and make-to-stock products and supporting maintenance components.
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning activities or similar approaches that ensure the organization is fully informed of the critical aspects of the supply plan to fill customer orders and have the major exception conditions identified and impact assessments provided.
- **Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment. **
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: