Technical Sales & Applications Specialist NSW
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 01-01-21
- Location: Sydney
- Job-ID: R506
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With more than 3,600 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. Would you like to test the latest premium products independently and contribute to their design? At Eppendorf you will be developing continuously in your area of expertise and you will have access to modern technical equipment and excellent working conditions. You are also motivated by scientific expertise? Then apply now!Apply now
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on established and prospective customer contacts to create demand for Eppendorf South Pacific Automation and ECET products and/or solicit orders. This activity includes both personal visits and contact by phone.
- Using persuasive skills and company supplied tools and equipment, meets company objectives for sales volume, product mix, and new product awareness. Develops and executes time management and account/territory development plans.
- Follows up and processes sales leads, based on information received from Eppendorf South Pacific sales representatives, company trade shows, marketing campaigns, telephone inquiries and other sources. Develops list of prospective customers on a local level.
- Presents the products, performs on-site field demonstrations when account potential is identified, and provides the necessary follow-up and development to proceed through product sales.
- Attends trade exhibits and local shows for the purpose of promoting products
- Act as the technical lead at Eppendorf South Pacific for epMotion, ECET, Detection and other complex product lines including hardware and software (instrument, accessories and consumables), theory & principles, applications, process development, troubleshooting, and more.
- Up to 70% travel throughout defined territory to provide before during, and after purchase fulfillment services, including but not limited to product demo, installation, training, method development, applications support and troubleshooting. Method of communications includes face to face visits, phone calls, Skype, Face Time, webinars, etc.
- Sell and fulfill application support contracts for customers using epMotion as well as other paid application services offered.
- Coordinate with marketing and service on the generation and production of collateral materials, application notes, training courses, manuals, white sheets, user guides and other technical literature.
- Help in conducting and analyzing market research and dynamics, customer needs, application usage and trends, product requirements and competition to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related area of study
- At least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience. Candidates with M.S. or Ph.D in the above fields are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with automated liquid handlers and spectrophotometers.
- Experience with the Eppendorf epMotion software a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, dealers, and company personnel in a public speaking forum.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- We truly appreciate our employees and their performance. This is why we offer an attractive salary.
- By working with us, you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions.
- To enable you to depend your technical knowledge and to continous development, we offer a wide range of training and development options.
- Attractive employee benefits
- Attractive performance bonus
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact:
Hui Yee Guan, +60 (12) 5173830