Technical Sales & Applications Specialist
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Sydney & Brisbane
Represents Eppendorf South Pacific to promote the sale of the company’s Automation and ECET products within assigned territory in order to meet budgeted sales goals, covering the territory in its entirety. Introduces products, conducts demonstrations, technical seminars, troubleshooting, and attends local and national trade exhibits. Works cooperatively with the Eppendorf South Pacific representatives in their zone, to ensure the success of the Automation and ECET product group.Apply now
Tasks/Responsibilities: Sales Component
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on established and prospective customer contacts to create demand for Eppendorf South Pacific Automation and ECET products and/or solicit orders. This activity includes both personal visits and contact by phone.
- Using persuasive skills and company supplied tools and equipment, meets company objectives for sales volume, product mix, and new product awareness. Develops and executes time management and account/territory development plans.
- Follows up and processes sales leads, based on information received from Eppendorf South Pacific sales representatives, company trade shows, marketing campaigns, telephone inquiries and other sources. Develops list of prospective customers on a local level.
- Presents the products, performs on-site field demonstrations when account potential is identified, and provides the necessary follow-up and development to proceed through product sales.
- Attends trade exhibits and local shows for the purpose of promoting products.
Tasks/Responsibilities: Applications Component
- Act as the technical lead at Eppendorf South Pacific for epMotion, ECET, Detection and other complex product lines including hardware and software (instrument, accessories and consumables), theory & principles, applications, process development, troubleshooting, and more.
- Up to 70% travel throughout defined territory to provide before during, and after purchase fulfillment services, including but not limited to product demo, installation, training, method development, applications support and troubleshooting. Method of communications includes face to face visits, phone calls, Skype, Face Time, webinars, etc.
- Sell and fulfill application support contracts for customers using epMotion as well as other paid application services offered.
- Coordinate with marketing and service on the generation and production of collateral materials, application notes, training courses, manuals, white sheets, user guides and other technical literature.
- Help in conducting and analyzing market research and dynamics, customer needs, application usage and trends, product requirements and competition to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related area of study
- At least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience. Candidates with M.S. or Ph.D in the above fields are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with automated liquid handlers and spectrophotometers.
- Experience with the Eppendorf epMotion software a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, dealers, and company personnel in a public speaking forum.
- Full time position.
- 1 position – based in NSW, Sydney.
- 1 position – based in Brisbane, QLD.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- We truly appreciate our employees and their performance. This is why we offer an attractive salary.
- By working with us, you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions.
- To enable you to depend your technical knowledge and to continous development, we offer a wide range of training and development options.
- Attractive employee benefits
- Attractive performance bonus