Mechanical Test Manager (R&D)
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Maldon
- Job-ID: R4354
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- Work closely with Project Managers and R&D Engineers, as well a variety of business stakeholders to ensure expectations (scope, data quality and delivery time) of testing can be achieved.
- Effective management of the testing demands and progress in the test team by also ensuring business requirements are meet always.
- Plan in advance the test workload, identify risks and opportunities of improvement of the testing through different techniques.
- Analise and approve test results and reports accordingly.
- Deploy and manage test engineers to the success of every single project.
- Manage inventory of tools, equipment and test freezers to meet corporate and ISO 9001 compliance.
- Delivery of up to date test progress report.
- Degree (diploma / master's) in mechanical, electric or electronics engineering.
- Proven track of record as a test manager, managing test teams, executing and troubleshooting test, test analyses and reporting.
- 6 Sigma Certification is desirable.
- Professional competencies, special knowledge:
- Proven track of record as Test manager, managing Test teams, executing and troubleshooting test, test analyses and reporting.
- Personal Skills:
- Possess R&D capability to drive forward new ideas, demonstrate successful links with research centres, academia and other external partners.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving approach.
- Ownership and ability to provide necessary focus and priority on projects.
- Highly collaborative approach, "Hands on", team orientated and able to work across different departments and cross-functionally.
- Outstanding communication, both verbal and written.
- Capacity to capture and develop over end-user requirements.
- Comfortable working under time constraints to meet agreed deadlines.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Working for an international company renowned for its scientific products
- Opportunity to career progress within a fast pace growing business
- Drive innovation and collaboration into Eppendorf Research & Development organization
- 25 days Holiday
- 5% Employer Pension contribution.
- Unlimited training opportunities.
- On-site parking
- Flexible working
- Free Employee Welfare services and Social events.
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!
This position is office-based.
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: