Application Form 2024
Applications will be accepted from October 1, 2023 until January 15, 2024
Who can apply for the award?
Entrants must be early career scientists with an advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.D.) performing biomedical research in Europe based on methods of molecular biology, including novel analytical concepts, who are not older than 35 years of age* at the time of entry.
*The eligibility threshold can be extended for the following documented circumstances:
- Maternity leave: 18 months extension for each child born. If the applicant can document a longer total maternity leave, the eligibility period will be extended by the documented amount of actual leave(s) for all children taken
- Paternity leave: extension by the documented time of paternity leave for each child born
- Disability, long-term illness (absence from academic activity of more than six consecutive months in a year)
- National or civilian service: extension by the documented amount of leave taken by the applicant
- Clinical training: extension by the documented amount of clinical training received by the applicant up to a maximum of 2 years
Your application must include:
- your personal data*
- your curriculum vitae
- a title describing the subject of your research*
- an essay of max. 2,000 characters (incl. spaces) summarizing your research*
- a short description of your major discovery*
- your publication list
- PDF files of your published papers (min. 3 - max. 5)
* These data must be filled in online. The other files/documents can be attached via document upload from your computer.
Please fill in your data in one step. The Application deadline is January 15, 2024.
All applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail. Any questions should be addressed to email@example.com.
Fields marked (*) are mandatory
Please note that the application closes on January 16, 2024, 08.00 CET
The 2024 winner will be announced in May 2024.