Commercial Product Manager
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Framingham, MA / Enfield, CT / Enfield, CT (US) / Framingham / Northeast, USA
- Job-ID: R4648
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- The Commercial Product Manager will manage the Liquid Handling product portfolio (pipettes, dispensers, related consumables and services) within the North American Commercial Unit of Eppendorf. This position will lead the regional Commercial Strategy, provide Business Analysis and drive Sales Enablement to ensure commercial success of franchise products.
- The Commercial Product Manager defines the product value proposition based on deep customer and competitor insight, provides sales support and training to drive value proposition and competitive positioning, and guides the development of innovative solutions to customer needs. The Commercial Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue and market share objectives.
- This role reports to the Director Commercial Product Management and is based out of Framingham (Boston area), MA, with the possibility of working remotely. Travel between Framingham/MA and Enfield/CT sites and to Headquarter in Germany as required is expected, also in support of the Commercial team 15% of time should be customer-facing.
- The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with an analytical mindset and excellent communication skills who is proactive, organized, and able to multitask. When joining Eppendorf, you join a passionate community of more than 3,000 employees across 25 countries that have one goal of improving human living conditions through their premium products and services.
- Lead the development of the regional sales strategies to ensure commercial success of assigned product lines. Responsibility for revenue and market share objectives
- Work in collaboration with Business Units, Marketing, and Business Intelligence to develop unique value propositions for products and applications based on deep customer and competitor insight. Create differentiation in the marketplace for Eppendorf products.
- Primary point of contact within the Market Region for Product Life Cycle Managers within the global Business Unit
- Analyzes regularly regional performance data for products and associated markets and provides forecasting and insights regarding sales and market trends to relevant stakeholders like Sales, Marketing, and Product Life Cycle Management
- Drives innovative solutions to customer needs and strategies to capitalize on emerging market opportunities.
- Provides insights and market leadership to the global Business Units in the development of innovative products and portfolio strategies. Assists in the development of go-to-market strategies for New Products.
- Participate with the introduction of new products/services into the market region. Support the Business Units, Marketing, and Sales in this process and monitors and reports KPI’s
- Conducts competitive analysis to help position products
- Sales Enablement & Sales Support
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure that effective trainings, webinars, sales enablement materials are being developed for the commercial team
- Deliver product-specific trainings to enable the sales team to effectively position Eppendorf products in the marketplace
- Works with Sales and Marketing to monitor effectiveness of sales enablement activities and work towards corrective action when needed
- Advise sales representatives on product configurations that align with customer needs and applications in cooperation with Technical Product Support Team and Service organization including support with complex quotes and selecting appropriate systems and services
- Advise sales team on appropriately configured demo product, selected samples, and marketing materials, including delivery to location
- Provide inventory analysis, recommendations based upon changing sales requirements. Work in collaboration with supply chain to ensure proper product inventory levels are maintained.
- Represent Eppendorf at regional industry trade shows and meetings as needed
- 35% travel requirement within the Market Region
- Possibility of working remotely.
- **Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption**
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the field of sales, technical support, or product management in the Life Science industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: