Engineer Mechanical III - Pressure Vessel Design
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R4394
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Operate within a Scaled Agile for Systems (SAFs) development framework.
- Technical specialist responsible for the generation of engineering designs and calculations.
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in development of Eppendorf product offerings.
- Intermediate knowledge of National & International Pressure Systems Codes including but not limited to ASME BPVC VIII, ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, PED (2014/68/EU), GB-150-1 (Chinese Pressure Vessel Code) and experience with/design of pressurized piping systems and vessels is required.
- Working knowledge of the ASME BPE standard required.
- Working knowledge of and capable of generating P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams)
- Work with mechanical design and engineering personnel within development engineering to complete assignments. Capable of providing direction to colleagues and making complex design decisions.
- Experience with electromechanical device design a plus.
- Possess the ability to work with others including Electrical/Software Engineering, Business Portfolio, Operations, Quality and Customer Support in a highly collaborative environment to implement specified design requirements into production quality systems.
- Duties will include performing design tasks such as calculations, drawings, bills of materials, engineering change orders, test documentation and verification & validation documentation.
- Proven capabilities in root cause analysis, risk assessment and DFMEA processes.
- Experience with metal and plastic fabrication and one or more of the following: pressure vessel design, aseptic design, refrigeration or process control.
- Advanced knowledge of materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics, electrical design, PID control, finite element analysis, failure mode effect analysis.
- Possess a thorough understanding of product development, workflow processing techniques and familiar with MRP systems.
- Work effectively in a change-oriented environment, under very tight timeframes and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Possess ability to work independently and as part of a team with a collaborative, team-oriented ethic.
- Ability to follow ISO 13485 & ISO 9001 policies and procedures in the performance of the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in life sciences, or engineering. Several years related outside sales experience, preferable in bioprocess scientific equipment sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- **Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment. **
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: