Field Application Specialist
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job-ID: R3588
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Act as the technical lead at Eppendorf North America for epMotion, Detection and other complex product lines including hardware and software (instrument, accessories and consumables), theory & principles, applications, process development, troubleshooting, and more.
- Up to 70% travel throughout the continental US to provide before during, and after purchase fulfillment services, including but not limited to product demo, installation, training, method development, applications support and troubleshooting. Method of communications includes face to face visits, phone calls, Skype, Face Time, webinars, etc. When in the office, adhere to all in-house Policies (i.e. corporate business hours).
- Sell and fulfill application support contracts for customers using epMotion or detection instrumentation as well as other paid application services offered.
- Coordinate with marketing and service on the generation and production of collateral materials, application notes, training courses, manuals, white sheets, user guides and other technical literature.
- Help in conducting and analyzing market research and dynamics, customer needs, application usage and trends, product requirements and competition to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Work cooperatively with Eppendorf Services on technical troubleshooting, programming support and resolution of system service issues.
- Utilize market and applications knowledge to target new markets and application fields to best promote and sell our equipment and services. Educate team on the above to increase overall company acumen.
- Attend trade shows, which include installing/dismantling and perform product demos. Work appropriate hours to achieve correct setup and take down.
- Technical speaker focusing on communicating our company product/message regarding targeted applications, techniques and new products. I.e. at technical symposiums, trade shows, customer sites, etc.)
- Perform impromptu assignments to be determined by your manager.
- **Employment at Eppendorf requires vaccination against Covid-19, or, an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption**
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related area of study and at least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience. Candidates with M.S. or Ph.D in the above fields are preferred. Hands-on experience with automated liquid handlers and spectrophotometers. Experience with the Eppendorf epMotion software a plus.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: