Field Service Engineer
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Singapore
- Job-ID: R2293
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
- Provide high levels of technical support to external customers in a timely manner
- Assist in the generation of service revenue and management of expenses in accordance with the annual operating budget
- Follow internal quality procedures and service manuals
- Complete assigned service jobs, including pre-delivery checks, preventative maintenance, repairs and installation requests in a professional and efficient manner to help maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and achieve the revenue budget.
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner and as per departmental guidelines/objectives
- Maintain daily communications with customers and internal staff to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction and professionalism
- Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensure they are calibrated
- Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
- Explore alternatives to improve the effectiveness of department methods and procedures
- Identify sales opportunities and communicate them to sales team
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps to Service Manager, providing solutions when possible
- Liaise with Customer Service to submit warranty claims for products via the Eppendorf RMA process and maintain records.
- Operate in a safe manner, observing Eppendorf's commitment to work health and safety and actively minimising risks.
- Travel interstate and overseas as workload requires
- Other duties as requested from time to time to support the company.
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Degree in electronics/engineering is preferred.
- 2-5 years commercial experience in a field service engineer position, preferably within the life science industry
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across different parts of an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and take initiative
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact:
Hui Yee Guan,