Key Account Manager
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job-ID: R1117
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- The Key Account Manager is part of a Sales Area leadership team and focused on regional key accounts.
- The purpose of this role is to develop, implement and support key account strategies across defined accounts through collaborations with all commercial functions.
- Manage, develop and expand (profitable growth) key account business for defined accounts.
- Achieve profitability, growth targets and budget for defined key accounts.
- Identify OEM opportunities and coordinate internal efforts with OEM team, market region and business units.
- Define strategies for key accounts in alignment with the overall company goals (development of markets and application areas of focus, product portfolio, business concepts and plans).
- Implement, drive execution and support strategies through a coordinated effort with all commercial functions and business units.
- Monitor impact of strategic initiatives through predefined set of KPIs to ensure goal attainment.
- Conduct regular internal and external business reviews to access engagement, address issues and identify growth opportunities.
- Establish a business implementation roadmap in collaboration with local commercial teams.
- Lead account price harmonization and product standardizations initiatives as defined by customer requirements. Review applicability of current sales model and agreements to ensure alignment with global key account strategies and achievement of growth and profitability targets.
- Manage existing account relationships as it relates to short and long term commercial activities
- Lead and manage complex strategic growth projects as directed by AVP.
- 7-10 years of experience in business development and/or sales within a leading organization
- Experience working within distribution and key account management business model
- 4-year academic degree in science or business administration. MBA degree preferred
- Proven experience developing, implementing and supporting key account strategies
- Excellent business acumen with understanding of financial, legal, HR and administrative tasks.
- Competence in analyzing and understanding of financial data, project management methods, tools and skills
- Experience working in an international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language. German, Spanish and/or French language skills is a plus
- Excellent presentation, negotiation skills
- Competence with CRM software and Microsoft office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to network effectively (internal and external) and establish effective working relationships
- Results driven
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proven leadership skills and able to mobilize teams in a matrixed organization
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50%
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Build relationships with inventive businesses
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: