- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: 03-01-22
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R3371
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Responsible for the overall procurement and production planning process of the assigned product group(s), that includes among other tasks:
- Maintaining the Item Master on purchase parts to ensure proper lead time, pricing and lot sizes.
- Maintaining the Master Production Schedule (Demand planning)
- Initiate and maintain the Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system to ensure the timely release of material to support an efficient build process
- Planning of all production processes in order to meet production dates
- Generating, releasing and processing of work orders
- Generating, releasing and processing of purchase orders domestic and international
- Monitoring inventory stocking levels of purchased and semi-manufactured materials
- Negotiating pricing, terms and lead times with suppliers
- Processing nonconforming material with suppliers
- Providing and maintaining the Routing Papers (in paper and/or electronically) for all production processes
- Maintain documentation control of all procurement related forms.
- Analyze supplier performance related to on time delivery, price variance and nonconforming materials
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) disposition and production implementation, incl. maintaining expiration and effective dates of part revisions and their disposition
- Determines and maintains stock levels for manufactured and purchase parts based of historical usage and forecast analysis.
- Determines and maintains optimized production and purchase part lot sizes based on optimal capacity utilization and desired stock levels and ensures accuracy of production lead times for manufactured finished product.
- Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Multi-level bills of material and their function
- Multi-level work orders incl. outside processing
- Advanced software skills in ERP systems required, preferably in LN-Infor version 5 (or higher) and SAP R/4 (or higher)
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP function, etc.)
- Supports in inventory management, incl. bin location setup, Kanban setup, physical inventory, warehousing, and goods receipt (if needed)
- Enforces, cooperates with and complies with all company inventory signature and control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Observance and compliance to applicable corporate standards in Eppendorf’s Quality Management System required as well.
- Have the ability to act independently and respond consistently with initiative to resolve issues.
- Must possess knowledge of plastic commodity procurement.
- Must exhibit effective communication skills throughout procurement and directly with suppliers.
- Two-year (Associates) technical/engineering college degree or certificate and three to four years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven Production Planning qualifications (e.g. APICS CPIM designation) would be a significant plus.
- Knowledge of Purchasing activities, logistics and freight business functions and impact.
- Employment at Eppendorf in the United States and Canada requires vaccination against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19, or, have a qualified medical or religious exemption, prior to the start of employment.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: