- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Seoul
- Job-ID: R4632
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Single contributor handling transactions for full set of accounts together with the FSSC covering all aspects of finance processes ie P2P, O2C and R2R
- Review underlying substance of all transactions and provide recommendation on accounting double entries based on IFRS, local GAAP and local tax legislations
- Keep abreast of changes to local statutory requirement (tax, audit , company secretarial and banking) and advise management and FSSCKL on a timely basis.
- Fully accountable for local Finance and assist FSSCKL on daily accounting operation and finance transactional activities for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with the statutory requirement.
- Liaise with tax agent and FSSCKL on tax management and complete the Deferred tax, Corporate Tax Provision and Transfer pricing documentation for Group reporting or local statutory reporting
- Provide support to FSSCKL on cash flow management and projection for Intercompany related transactions
- Managing company secretarial matters and liaise with Corporate department for relevant authorizations
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation - follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered and monthly accrual schedule with the FSSCKL Team
- Ensure data is available for drafting the Financial statement in both English and Korean language and prepare the FS including Statement of Financial Position, Statement on Comprehensive Income, Statement of Changes in Equity, Statement of Cash flow and other notes to the accounts, in accordance with Group and Korean reporting requirements
- Advise management on amounts that can be distributed as dividends at Shareholder meeting. Review Group dividend payment proposals and advice regarding timing of payment.
- To support FSSKL to translate the changes on local accounting and tax requirements and ensure the transactions are recorded complying local regulatory and IFRS.
- Coordinate local audit related activities within the company in accordance with audit requirement such stock count, Debtor Confirmation, Creditor confirmation
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivables - review and reconcile receivables from customers and post accordingly – EFT & Credit Card payments, support FSSKL review debtors ageing report and determine follow up actions, ensure all sales related activities are reported timely and accurate for WD 1 closing.
- Responsible for all aspect of Accounts Payable – review and reconcile payables to vendors, claims and post accordingly, support FSSKL review and prepare vendor master information and update into system for new vendors.
- Collate vendor invoices from different department with approvals, indicate the accurate cost center and GL Code for posting and payment processing by FSSKL and ensure to attend customers and vendors enquiries / reconcile AR /AP Statements
- Accountable for fund transfer from local bank into Corporate bank.
- Responsible to process Staff claims, review and identify on payment for VAT /WHT related
- Accountable and ensure Fixed Asset and CAPEX are reported – registration, disposal, tagging and support FSSCKL on CAPEX Forecast
- Reconcile relevant GL accounts for VAT filing purpose and ensure VAT and WHT submissions are done on a timely basis
- To understand and ensure the local employee benefits / Long service Awards / Severance liability are computed accurately and liaise with the local actuary to deliver with logical report and present to management for accrual purpose
- Highlight to line manager any irregularities that is unethical and ensure internal control are recommended.
- Identify improvement plans and solutions to solve on an open topic highlighted by internal and external auditors as well as process efficiencies
- Any other task that may be assigned by line manager / Regional CFO
- Degree in Accounting is a must
- Professional accounting qualification is preferred
- MBA / Master Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of working experience within the finance department and minimum 3 years In accountant role / audit experience.
- Good knowledge local statutory audit requirement and IFRS
- Fluent English is a must
- Good communication skills
- Is willing to be hands on
- Able to identify issues and find solutions share with supervisor
- Positive attitude, responsible, well organized and meticulous
- Willing to learn and adapt
- Proficient in Excel
- Technical competency in accounting and taxation matters, proficient in accounting standards and local tax regulatory requirement
- ERP system: SAP / Oracle / HFM is a plus
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- We truly appreciate our employees and their performance
- We offer a wide range of learning and development opportunities to allow you to deepen your technical knowledge and for continuous growth
- By working with us, you will make a meaningful contribution to improving human living conditions
- Attractive salary, employee benefits and performance bonus
Eppendorf is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to email@example.com
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: