Director of Procurement
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT (US)
- Job-ID: R1865
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 4,500 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work in a team in a collaborative and respectful manner? At Eppendorf you will be working, together with your team, on products that really make a difference. You are also motivated by practical work? Then apply now!Apply now
- Direct activities of all functions involved in planning, purchasing, sourcing, warehousing and control of inventory materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory; in a high-technology product development and manufacturing environment.
- Implement a fully functional work flow management/inventory control infrastructure in order to effectively manage material logistics and resources across a distributed workforce.
- Material cost management, price and contract negotiations, source, develop, and maintain vendor relationships including those providing alternative sources of supply
- Maintain accountability, establishing processes and controls for accurate inventory counts at all times
- Establish performance metrics and benchmarks related to supply chain planning, warehousing, and replenishment processes
- Oversee strategic and day-to-day planning, purchasing & logistics activity •
- Application of Lean and other methodologies to drive cross functional SCM-related process improvement; attainment indicators would include inventory turns, inventory valuation, expiry costs, out of stock, departmental budget, development of personnel, and a safe work environment
- Work with senior-level functional managers to analyze current processes and workflows in production, production planning, cost control, inventory, quality, materials management, supply chain, warehouse, and other operations.
- Implement a balanced scorecard that encompasses both operational and financial metrics
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly • Identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, processes and operations efficiency
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management and/or equivalent experience • Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a supply chain management role in a world-class manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 7 years’ hands-on experience in using MRP or ERP systems and forecasting in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing supplier/customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills using typical business communication methods with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences including customers, peers, superiors, and potential clients without compromising company objectives
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create cost effective solutions
- Proven expertise in mentoring/development, change management, planning/organizing, managing execution, and revising the work plan for complex problems solved by cross functional teams
- 5+ years of cross functional applications knowledge of SAP Supply Chain in mid-volume equipment manufacturing environment
- Ability to work fast and with a sense of urgency to support inquiries with accurate, well-structured and analytical-driven summaries of insights within very short periods of time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Knowledge of regulatory & lot control/genealogy compliance.
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: