Lead, Technical Product Support
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With more than 3,600 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to be in an environment in which you can work efficiently? At Eppendorf you will be using your competencies to work on solutions for operational matters in a positive and affirmative working environment. You will be working closely with your team. You are also motivated by responsible tasks? Then apply now!Apply now
- Ensure service request fulfilment by phone, fax as well as electronic means (EDI, PDF, eProcurement, etc.)
- Provide order status (estimated delivery, quotations for shipping, status of order/request, etc.) to customers, sales reps and dealers.
- Liaise with sales reps and end-users in relation to order resolution.
- Share orders with finance for payment fulfilment.
- Manage service-related complaints, ensuring customers are satisfied and documenting appropriately by entering eCRM tickets.
- Document all invoice related/credits/billing issues via eCRM
- Setup service and service tickets as necessary
- Collaborate well with the Sales Support & Order Entry Team in efforts to provide seamless support and service to all customers.
- Support the Sales Force with preparing service and spare part quotes, as well as creating Cross Sell Opportunities
- Provide Sales on supporting material preparation (where applicable) including T&Cs, COI, and other support documents.
- Advise the Sales Force on product configurations in cooperation with CPM Team and Service Organization.
- Coordinate with Sales and Service to send out demo and loaner product, where applicable.
- Partake in assignment to a TCT (Take Care Team) in order to support a specific sales zone, rep and/or region. This includes all aspects of sales support including service quoting, service troubleshooting, and handling of customer specific issues, as requested.
- In the absence of the manager: (a) provide management and leadership for the Technical Support Team; (b) assist in resolving escalated issues; (c) ensure proper phone coverage for Technical Service and Product queues through provide management and leadership for the Technical Support Team;
- Collaborate with management to grow the current SOP procedures by creating training documents, workflows, etc.
- Delegate work as needed to ensure fair and equal distribution of workloads.
- Drive training sessions and the onboarding of new hires through one on one observation, training modules, presentations, etc.
- Take on other duties as assigned, such as running reports and metrics, being responsible for a higher credit limit, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Professional experience in the field of sales/technical support, order management, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with order processing, CRM, and quotation solutions
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Internal candidates only
- Commercial understanding of life-sciences product portfolio, being able to provide complex quoting support
- Strong organizational skills
- Independent and self-structured working ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Life science industry experience is considered an advantage
Effectively demonstrates Eppendorf’s key competencies in the following ways:
- Customer Focus - building strong relationships across the organization and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making well-informed and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Results - Balancing competing priorities without comprising quality. Consistently achieving results with a sense of urgency.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Ambiguity – Resourceful and resilient; operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful