Materials Quality Engineer
- Career level: Direct Entry
- Employment: Fulltime, permanent
- Start: immediately
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Job-ID: R7282
Would you like to work for a company who has made it its mission to make a contribution to improving human living conditions? With around 5,000 employees worldwide Eppendorf is a leading Life Sciences company. We develop and distribute devices, consumables and services for use in laboratories worldwide. Our daily work is characterized by our principle: Collaborate on new ideas. You would like to take responsibility and help to make a difference in an experienced international company? Exciting tasks combined with a positive and affirmative working environment await you at Eppendorf. You are also motivated by technical challenges? Then apply now!Apply now
The Material Quality Engineer will support Eppendorf Manufacturing Corporation’s business plan by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials and outside processes. This comprises supplier quality related processes such as qualification, development, integration, monitoring, and auditing. Travel to suppliers, domestically and internationally, is required. Travel will be required up to 30%.
- Conduct supplier on-site audits, and follow-up audits, to qualify and assess supplier quality and manufacturing capabilities to support the supplier qualification process, surveillance program, and supplier development program
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance through utilization of tools such as Six Sigma, SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE, FMEA, and 8D root cause analysis.
- Drive successful conclusions to supplier-related corrective action investigations, identifying and validating root cause.
- Drive supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need for receiving inspection activities.
- Develop document and maintain in-process inspection plans for process control, testing, and inspection, with an emphasis on statistical techniques.
- Review supplier submittals such as certificates of compliance (C of Cs), completed inspection plans, and other supplier quality documentation to ensure component quality requirements are met.
- Apply appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment, and drive corrective and preventive actions to address the determined problem(s).
- Develop, execute, and analyze quality reporting measures and report to Management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Provide quality training to functional owners and process owners as business needs dictate.
- Participte in Material Review Board meetings to provide feedback for dispositions of nonconforming material
- Generate and / or process Material Rejection Reports, including requesting return material authorizations from suppliers
Education, Skills, Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or a technical field required.
- Master’s or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Requires three to five years of experience in supplier quality engineering, including audits, and an in-depth understanding of quality concepts and principles.
- Global supplier quality experience and familiarity with wide variety of manufacturing technologies: stamping, sheet metal components, castings, electrical components (circuit boards, wire harnesses, displays, etc.), and pressure vessels.
- Experience with quality techniques: Design and Process FMEAS, SPC, etc.
- Ability to travel occasionally, domestic as well as international.
- Experience with standards such as ISO 9001 and / or ISO 13485, BPE along with a working knowledge of ASME Section 9 and AWS welding requirements and inspection.
- Work experience in laboratory equipment manufacturing environment (life science equipment such as centrifuges, shakers, freezers, bioprocess reactors and controllers).
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt or ASQ Quality Engineer certification
Your benefits at Eppendorf
- Competitive total rewards package including health, financial, and education benefits
- Innovative and Collaborative corporate culture
- Contribute to improving the human living condition
- Direct impact on business
Please note that we can only consider applications that are submitted online via our application management tool.Apply now
We look forward to meet you!
If you have any questions please contact: